08 February 2012

Not A Good Week

I'll be honest, this has been a horrible week on Atkins so far. I could blame it on having a free day on Saturday, but that would be making Saturday's menu a scapegoat. I followed Atkins to the T on Sunday but didn't do a weigh in or take pictures, on Monday I went out to Olive Garden with Jon, today I had a few french fries at lunch and then a baked potato with tonight's dinner of chicken and salad, and tomorrow is dinner at Graziano's with Jon again. So not 25g of carbs per day. That, and I've been failing at starting my day at 730, a habit I really need to form for boot camp.

I've pretty much blown it this week so far, but I intend on getting back on track starting on Thursday, with a few adjustments after talking to my mom. We're branching off from Atkins a bit, and while I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not going to be finding out how many carbs my body can handle (I admit, I was really interested in that!), I will be okay with it if I'm losing fat, gaining muscle, and feeling better about my reflection in the mirror.

We're still going to be eating low carb, but not as severely as the month or two of Atkins requires. I don't think I will ever tire of scrambled eggs with cheese on top of low carb bread with avocado and tomato for breakfast, especially when we start adding in plain greek yogurt with a little bit of berries and a teaspoon of agave nectar or pure maple syrup. I will be a lot happier to add grains back into my lunch, as the thought of just tuna salad makes me want to gag. Snack will still be a protein shake at daycare and the piece of fruit for the day, and dinner will continue to be much like it has been, a protein with lots of veggies and salad. And this is something I am much more satisfied thinking about.

So yeah, I guess I'm quitting the Atkins program. But I refuse to quit eating a healthy diet that generally follows the ideals of a diabetic/Mediterranean diet, which is very much similar to Atkins Life Maintenance, almost identical. For my friend Evan, I know I promised not to give up, so I hope this is a compromise that you'd approve of.

This upcoming Monday is the start of my three month-long LiveFit boot camp sessions, and I feel that this exercise routine paired with the new diet regiment is going to be a winner. This time I promise to have weekly pictures as I do boot camp, but as I said in my last blog post, I'll only do a weigh in for Monday morning, the end of the first month, the end of the second month, and the end of the third month.

On a non-diet related note, I got my right nostril pierced finally, which I've been wanting for ages. Double nostrils has been on the to-do list for quite some time. Others on the list include both tragii (plural for tragus, but stupid spell check doesn't recognize either), my left conch, three helix flats on the left, a couple traditional helices on the right, and eventually my navel once I'm happy with my stomach. Don't get me started on tattoos, I have two shoulder pieces planned, knuckles planned (likely for once I'm retired). Those all won't come for a few years at least, lots to save up for, as well as needing the art for one shoulder piece, which won't arrive for quite a long time, due to needing offspring to produce said art.

This post is starting to get very ramble-y, so I'll let it go from here. It's just after midnight, and I really should get to bed (and force myself out at 8AM, if not 730).

3 comments:

  1. Whatever works for. I am so glad you gave it a shot. :) ~Jenni~

    ReplyDelete
  2. If 1 thing worked for everyone - life would be much simpler. But it does not, unfortunately. You just got to find something that works for you that you can do! Might take a try or two to figure out what's best for you, but I think you can do it. =)

    ReplyDelete