16 February 2012

LiveFit Day Four!

Tomorrow is day five and the end of the first week of boot camp. Holy shit! I have never felt so sore and stiff in my life. But it's that really great kind of sore, the kind that reassures me that I'm making the right decision, that I'm headed in the right direction. Tomorrow is also the benchmark day, to get an idea of where I'm at physically, what I can do.

I will fully admit that after completely letting it go last week, it's been really difficult getting back on track with eating healthy this week. It's completely my fault, though. I chose to buy the Girl Scout cookies, the jalapeno chips, the Turtle Chex Mix, the raspberries and whipped cream. I made the choice to eat 11 of the 15 Samoas today. I have no one to blame but myself, I have to hold myself accountable for the choices I have made.

Today I ate a bit better than the rest of the week, but not by much. I had an egg on toast for breakfast, tuna salad and a cheese quesadilla (could have been made better by using lower carb tortillas, but it is what it is) for lunch, five Samoas before daycare, a bunch of bite size corn dogs and grapes and orange juice at daycare snack, and then six Samoas this evening because I wasn't hungry after daycare snack. I had like 12 of those itty bitty corn dogs, they are FILLING! And so not good for me, either. Good thing we get those like once a year.

So, I restart healthy eating now, right at this moment. I was bad at drinking water all this last week, and I'm changing that by drinking a large bottle of water as we speak. It's time to start flushing out that water weight again. I have put away the Samoas and the Thin Mints where I don't see them every day. Breakfast tomorrow is going to be an egg on toast with avocado and tomato slices, something I have missed eating this week. My post workout snack will be Greek yogurt with some berries and a teaspoon of pure maple syrup. No snacks at the movies with Lea, and I'll be eating some sort of salad when we go to lunch at Hooters, hopefully with grilled chicken on it. There's no school tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about snack at the daycare, and then whatever my mom makes for dinner will be good. One day at a time, I just need to remember that.

I'm struggling on a daily basis in some aspect of this journey, and I probably always will struggle with something. But I want myself to be healthy and fit, and I'll do whatever it takes to get there.
Bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment