First off, I think it should be mentioned that I have a problem, and it is nail polish. I love the stuff, and by far, my favourite brand is Zoya. I've got 18 shades now, and I'm not stopping. This is one of my favourite brands to buy with my fun money paychecks, though I really try to limit myself to only buying when I will save money somehow. For example, seven of my Zoyas were $3.99 on clearance at Ulta, which puts them at half price, since they retail at $8. I'm not going to bore you with the sales on the other eleven, but my three newest Zoya beauties are:
Zoya Bevin...
...Zoya Pasha...
...and Zoya Ruby (more pinkish hued IRL)!
I haven't tried out Pasha or Ruby yet, as I just got them in the mail today, but I've never been disappointed by Zoya, so I'm sure I'll love them as much on nails as I do in the bottle.
I also got a couple glitters recently. I've been lusting over a chunky hexagonal glitter topcoat, and I got Nicole By OPI's Make U Smile from the Justin Bieber line.
I was pretty disappointed because it looks like there's a ton of the hexagonal glitter and then fine glitter in the clear base, but it's mostly base, a fair amount of fine glitter and hardly any hexagonal glitter. I'm waiting for my China Glaze Techno to arrive to see how it does instead, I've read amazing reviews, and though it's not quite the same because its hexagonal glitter is holographic, it's similar enough for me.
Another I recently bought is called China Glaze Fairy Dust, and I am in love with this. It's extremely sheer and a holographic SUPER fine glitter. I would consider it a topcoat, it's so sheer. I haven't even attempted to see how many coats it would take for opacity, though that's on my to do list.
China Glaze Fairy Dust
I tried layering Fairy Dust over Bevin, and I love the combination, from the springy semi-pastel moss green to the holographic shimmer. Definitely in the top ten favourites!
Bevin with a coat of Fairy Dust
Different view of the glitz of Fairy Dust!
I've been hearing a ton of great things about the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeshadow pencils, and I finally decided to try this product out when I saw that the travel size set of 3 neutrals and 2 brights were on sale for $12, originally $34 for the set. Can you say steal? They also arrived today, and I am seriously diggin' these. The purple (Delinquent) is much more vibrant than the photo shows, I'm still figuring out lighting and camera settings, so Google it if you want a better swatch of the purple. They are fantastic in terms of colour payoff and lasting power. I did a rub test after a couple minutes and not a single smudge, though I did get a couple glitter particles on my finger, so I can't wait to see the magic on the eyes. I am most definitely trying these out tomorrow, they seem to make for a really easy eye look.
(Top to bottom) Clash, Sin, Juju, Rehab, and Delinquent.
And reverse order here!
I really like the 24/7 eyeliner pencils as well. I've used Zero and Whiskey before, and when I saw two full size liners in Whiskey and Flipside with a sharpener for $12 (each regularly $18, I believe), I had to grab it, and I am so glad I did. I love love LOVE my Flipside liner, best investment ever in terms of vibrant liners.
I also bought a full size tube of the Urban Decay Lip Junkie gloss in Wallflower, after receiving a deluxe sample of the shade with a past purchase. It's such a lovely, creamy pinky-nude shade. It looks like a medium brown, but again I blame the camera and lighting on that. I love the scents with all of UD's lip products, too. This one is vanilla mixed with a little mint.
I am very much an avid body modifier. I may not have a lot under my belt, but I have big plans for myself. Two and a half weeks ago, I finally checked double nostrils off of my piercings to do list, part in thanks to my wonderful boyfriend Jon who paid for more than half of the cost of the piercing as his Valentine's gift to me. Fingers crossed that I never have to remove my right nostril (viewer's left in the picture) for a job (my left nostril is two years old this summer), and septum is so easy to hide that it will never go. Ever.
I've got a couple orders from my favourite body jewelry website, www.bodyartforms.com, coming in the mail this week. One is a pre-order from Anatometal Jewelry, and it's a pair of 00ga princess cut eyelets with synthetic emeralds, synthetic sapphires, and cubic zirconium. I've also got a pair of 00ga/10mm steel sparrow plugs with that order. I'm so excited to finally be owning Anatometal jewelry, I've been wanting it for so long and I finally saved up enough to buy them for $132 at 30% off at the beginning of the month, so score for saving about $56 on them! I also ordered a pair of 00ga/10mm black horn ornate hanging jewelry that was marked at 50% off in clearance plus my extra 10% off (once you accumulate $275 in purchases, you get the perma-discount!), and I paid $14.40 for those, which is an incredible deal for horn hanging styles. I'll post pictures of both orders once they arrive, they should be here by Thursday and Friday at the latest.
I know it REALLY looks like I shop a lot, but you have to remember that I only use my allotted fun money for these things, so once I'm out of fun money, I don't get anything else. I also don't necessarily spend all of my fun money before I get more on payday from the candy store, subbing, house/pet sitting, etc. With subbing checks, though, I do put aside enough for a month of gas, and the rest is for fun. I think that's about it for now, as I've written a novel here, and I just realized how many hours before I have to be up for breakfast before boot camp.















No comments:
Post a Comment