29 January 2012

Atkins Day Eight: Halfway There

Well, half way as of yesterday/this morning.

This morning my weight in was 130 lbs. I was a little disappointed since yesterday I was 129.5 when I weighed myself after breakfast (I need to work on not weighing myself daily, it'll only cause disappointment like today), which means I was about 129 before breakfast. But I have a feeling it was because yesterday I barely drank any water, and even though I had a good work out in the morning, it all affects this process. I'm going to make myself avoid stepping on the scale tomorrow morning before showering.

Today I have had a good amount of water, which should help get me back on track. I discovered today that adding three Crystal Light packets to a gallon jug of water really flavours it nicely without being too strong, and it helps get the water down, since plain water gets really boring after a while. It also has no carbs, which is awesome. I'm going to pick up a couple different flavours of Crystal Light tomorrow at the store, though I'm not going to rely on it every day since it does have aspartame and I don't want to consume a lot of that. I like flavouring my water with tea bags as well.

Breakfast this morning was two eggs with an ounce of shredded cheddar cheese. I love having that for breakfast, it's just so yummy, and only 2g of carbs because of egg yolks. Snack was a protein shake and lunch was a salad. Dinner is a homemade caesar salad with chopped up prawns. Mmmmm. <3

Starting weight: 134 lbs
Current weight: 130 lbs
Weight loss: 4 lbs
Weight to lose: 25 lbs

After one week:




I can already see a difference in both pictures, which is really helping my motivation. I don't see the changes day to day, but I do when comparing pictures of last Sunday to this Sunday. I've noticed that there's less chub at my waist and hips as well as on my back, and my stomach is flatter because of the lack of water weight. It's a great start, and it can only get better from here as long as I stick to the meal plan and keep exercising. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment