26 January 2012

Atkins Day Five

I have just finished Day Five, in terms of eating. Today it was scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast, a protein shake and a mozzarella cheese stick for snack, and then tuna salad on baby spinach for both lunch and dinner. My mom just bought these new protein drinks that are only 2g of carbohydrates and 30g of protein, whereas the ones we were drinking before were 7g of protein and 20g of protein because they were "light" shakes. Low fat means higher carbs because sugars are added to make it taste better. I like these new ones because they taste almost exactly like chocolate milk. Yummy foods make for a happy Hannah.

I weighed myself this morning (I'm going to only weigh myself on Wednesdays and Sundays starting now) and I am 130 pounds. I know that most of it is just water weight, but seeing that number go from 134 to 130 in just a few days feels great, and it makes me want to push myself to keep going.

I've let my body adjust to eating less calories and and less carbs for five days, so tomorrow I am going on a run with my friend Brittney to start burning more fat. I want to get a set of small weights to use in my bedroom when I'm watching my tv shows on Netflix and Hulu Plus. That also reminds me that I still need to see if Netflix has any yoga stuff, but if not, my mom has yoga dvds that I can use.

Today I had almost no cravings for any kind of junk food, and the cravings I did have were pretty minor and went away very quickly. I really thought this week would be harder, but it's gotten a lot easier over the last two days.

I decided to wait until I'm out of Induction to introduce pickles into my diet. I discussed it with my mom, and her biggest concern is that it's a processed food and Induction is all about cutting out processed foods. But since pickles are very much like olives in terms of processing, and we're allowed olives, we agreed that after Induction would be a better idea to incorporate small amounts of pickle into my diet. I'm going to look for low sodium ones, try a small jar and see if I like them. If so, those will be the kind I allow myself to have, and only one serving a day at most.

I did cave and allow myself sugar free chewing gum yesterday, and I've found that it hasn't negatively affected my cravings. If anything, I think it may have helped curb them, so I am officially an avid gum chewer.

I am now going to do some sit ups and push ups while watching One Tree Hill and then take it easy for the rest of the evening, drink some Sleepy Time Vanilla tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment