As much as it REALLY sucks cutting out ALL processed food and almost all carbohydrates, I don't want to go back to it. Not yet, anyway.
The first day of Induction was really difficult, especially considering that I was working for five hours in the candy store, but I made it through and didn't cheat once, even though I had about 10g of carbohydrate leeway that day. I could have chewed some gum, which is typically sugar-free nowadays, but the label said each piece had 2g because of sugar alcohols, so I decided against it. I later found out that in calculating how many carbs you are eating, you minus the grams of fiber, sugar alcohols, and something else. So I now know that I'm free to chew gum, but I think I'm going to hold off for a few more days, just to make sure the sweetness doesn't backfire on me and make me break. Once ketosis goes into full swing, though, you can bet your ass I'll be chewing mint gum ALLLLLL DAY LONG. No thank you, ketosis breath. But each day, whilst experiencing MAJOR carb cravings (watching How I Met Your Mother episodes was excruciating; they're always eating at the bar), gets a little bit easier to get through. I'm already feeling healthier, both physically and emotionally, and I've only just begun.
I was planning on only weighing myself on Sundays, but I really wanted to know if I had lost any weight yet. Granted, I know it's pretty much just going to be water weight, but seeing a smaller number helps reinforce this.
This morning I weighed in at 132.5 pounds. 1.5 down, 27.5 to go.
Yesterday I drank a ton of water, got my entire day's worth before 2PM. Today, I'm a little behind. I've had about 3 out of 8 servings of water so far and it's almost 230PM. I'm going to stop at Safeway before heading to daycare so I can pick up one of those really big water bottles to work on for the next three hours, and then have a couple more between 6PM and bedtime.
Today's food has consisted of two eggs with one ounce of shredded cheddar and half a tomato, tuna with celery and green onion, and for snack at the daycare I'll be eating 1.5 ounces of walnuts with a small chunk of cheddar cheese and a protein shake. I may only drink about half of the protein shake, since it has 7g of carbs in it, but we'll see. This puts me at 15.5g of carbs before dinner, and I believe dinner's going to be pretty light in terms of carbs (I think we're having shredded pork roast on mixed spring greens), so that keeps me either at or below the 20g limit.
No comments:
Post a Comment