What is this, Bitch Weekend?
I've been working at the candy store the last three days, getting trained and such for my promotion. On Black Friday, a woman came in with her son and asked about our pillow prices. As far as I knew, our big cereal pillows were $32.99 +tax, like all the other big pillows and I said that they must have been priced wrong when she said that the tag said $26.99. Her son continued to grab a Triple Power Push Pop. I rang it up and it came up as $2.49, but the tag said $1.49. He bitched that there was a dollar in tax, and I said there was no tax, and he continued to bitch that the tag said $1.49. I apologized and said it was mispriced. His mom then comes over and starts bitching at me, asking if EVERYTHING in the store was mispriced. So I overrode the price as $1.49 so they would go away.
Then today, a woman and some guy come in. Guy's quiet, the woman just has this awful attitude from the get go. She snapped at me about where the bags were, I told her and pointed, she walked right by them and snapped again, so I walked over, grabbed one and handed it to her. She snatched it up, and stomped off. A couple minutes later, she comes up demanding that I give her a price for it and slams it on the scale. I grabbed the calculator and manually got the price so I wouldn't have to do a clear line, since our DM wants us to do as little of them as possible. It came to like $4.50, and when I said that, she yelled at me that she had gotten this much candy before and it didn't come to $3 then and how come I used the calculator instead of the scale. I explained that I manually calculated it and that it would have been the same on the computer. She stomped away and got more candy. She came back a minute later and slammed it on the scale again, says she only has five dollars and throws the money down. It came to $5.41, so I brought out the spill bucket for her to take a couple pieces out. I started to tell her that if she took out one of the chocolate caramel pecan patties out, it would probably be under $5. She then snaps that she doesn't want to take the chocolate out. I replied that I was just making a suggestion. After she took out 3 pieces, she threw it on the scale for the umpteenth time and it came to $4.46. I was getting her change when she snarled to keep it. Yes, I will keep your 54 cents, ma'am. It puts me THAT much closer to my $10,000 savings goal and then I will be over 1000 miles away from you.
I later tweeted, "Just because you're having a bad day does NOT mean you get to be a fucking BITCH and take it out on me. #mallemployeeproblems". At the time, my buddy Josh and I were having a conversation via Twitter about how I thought his statement of "darn it all to heck" just didn't seem like very angry vernacular. He then tweeted a few moments later, "flipping snitch."
LOLOLOL I can't be mad at a flipping snitch. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment