01 March 2012

Ow Ow Ow!

Let's just say the first couple hours of getting an IUD sucks. On the bright side, no more pills and the cramping is 98% gone! I will fully admit that I whined like a baby a few times and refused to leave my heated mattress pad from 12-145PM. Couple semi-sharp feeling pokes, waves of level 8 cramping for a few hours (nothing a heating pad and Midol couldn't fix), and that was it. It's a different experience for every woman, but in all honesty, the entire experience wasn't all that bad for me. I'd gladly do it again for the peace of mind for 5-10 years (depending on which one you choose). If I find after a year that Mirena (5 years and levonorgestrol, a progestin hormone) isn't for me, I'm going to get Paragard (10 years and copper, meaning no hormones).

No comments:

Post a Comment