I am so damn excited to move to Calgary. I don't think anyone really understands how much I am dying to get away from Sonoma County, and the United States in general.
I've been looking into apartments for the last 3+ months to get an idea of the general cost, location, and such will be like when Jon and I move up at the end of next August. We're going up in June to do some in-person apartment hunting in June. The undetermined plan is to visit both Calgary and BC with my parents and brother. My brother is going to be moved up to Calgary in June, most likely, and we're going to visit my stepsister in BC and her baby, which is due end of May. We haven't figured out if we're going to go to Calgary first or BC first. My parents want to stay for at least a week in BC, but Jon and I can't take off two weeks from work for the trip, we were going to go for a week at the very most. So most likely we will go to Calgary, get my brother moved in while Jon and I apartment hunt and potentially put down three months rent starting for September 1st, and then go to BC for a few days and then head back down. I think my parents would take my brother back to Calgary before they head back down, since I'm pretty sure sure he wants to meet our future niece/nephew.
I've also been looking into cell phone plans, cable/internet/home phone plans, banks, jobs, etc. The more I research, the more excited I get for this. And the more money I put into Bank of Mom for savings (since I know I'd have a hard time doing it on my own, my mom is helping me save $10,000), the more it hits me that I'm actually going to be leaving in a little under nine months. Nine months seems like a long time, but with the way time has been flying lately, it'll be here in no time. It only feels like last week that Jon and I were talking to my friend Emanuel and started considering Edmonton and Calgary instead of Vancouver, which we'd been set on from about early May until late summer. But it's been three or four months since we decided on Calgary, and I'm not looking back. I'm ready to leave; the States was never my home, and I always knew it was only temporary.
I'm not thrilled to be living in Flames land, but from what I hear, Calgary has a decent Canucks following, so I won't be too alone. Jon, however, is going to be so far from Sharks Territory, I doubt there's a single Sharks fan out there for him to bond with haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment