REALLY DAMN BAD.
Since my last blog entry, it's been 22 days. Nearly a month. Oye.
Anyways, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! My 22nd birthday! Oh hey, the number 22 is recurring!
Jon had to work today, no one would take his shift, so we went out for dinner and drinks last night at Stout Brothers Irish Pub with friends and my brother. Today my parents came up to the fancy house (I've got two more weeks left here) and we hung out by the pool, drank homemade pina coladas, and ate bbq'd ribs, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob with jalapeno-lime butter. There's angel food cake, whipped cream, and strawberries in the fridge, too. I also went and got a free brow wax at the Benefit brow bar in Ulta (gogo birthday specials!) and picked up a couple Sift cupcakes. I love the Berry Good Cheesecake one, and I also grabbed a 24 Carrot one. Cream cheese frosting is my nemesis!
I found low carb ice cream fudge bars at Safeway this week, a pack of six for only $3.50, so I nabbed 'em! I've been trying to eat well and drink more water. I've been bad about exercising daily, but I've gotten a few good leg workouts in through walking Bella for 2.8 miles around the neighborhood, and I've gotten in three or four swims in the last week. I feel soreness in my muscles, so at least I'm not just sitting around in front of the computer all day. I started to do ab workouts before bed a couple weeks ago, but it didn't last more than a couple days. Go me.
I had a conversation with my mom today, though, that really made me feel a lot better about my body. We looked at ourselves in the mirror in our bathing suits, and my mom pointed out all the great things going on with my body. I have strong squared shoulders, a defined waist, a set of hips and boobs, and I have a nice bit of junk in the trunk. I have a great shape to my body, and sure, I feel like I could stand to lose 20 pounds. But I needed to accept what kind of body I have, and I will never be stick thin. I have curves, and that doesn't make me any more or less of a "real" woman than anyone else. If I really feel a strong need to lose weight, I'll become motivated to do so, but at this point I need to focus on being healthier instead of being thinner.
I am excited to start using a month of gym membership at Fusion Fitness; my mom saw a deal for it on livingsocial for $9 and I nabbed one. I've got a few friends who work out there, so I'll have them help me get good use out of it.
An update on the move: my cousin Elyssa is moving from BC to Calgary to live with Jon and me. We're super excited to have a roommate who we know we can trust and get along with. I always thought that Elyssa and I would live together at some point, so I'm so happy that it's finally happening! We're looking for somewhere in the northwest quadrant, ideally close to the inner city and University of Calgary, and we need to be near transit since I'm the only one with a car. Jon's going up in July with his dad to sign a lease somewhere, that way when we move up, we have a place to move our stuff right in. The official moving date is August 18th!
There's only six days left at the daycare (sniff sniff!), and then it's summer vacation. I'm babysitting a couple of my first grade kids from the 6th-8th, which will be a nice chunk of change. I also got myself a subbing gig at the summer daycare starting in July, due to one of the employees going on maternity leave, and I'm supposedly going to be emailed about some other dates to sub. I have the candy store job still, and my last day there is going to be August 6th. Until then, I've got availability to close Sunday-Friday, since Jon and I have our Saturdays off together, and I'll probably have an extra shift or two from my usual Sundays. I'm hoping for weekly river trips!
I think that's about all that's going on in my life right now, so I'll leave it at that. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment