What's this? Posting another blog within a week of the last? What is going on?
Anyways, today hasn't been a good day. Jon and I were supposed to go to the river with a couple friends, and then in the middle of running errands, Jon's mom called to say that she was taking their dog Kodiak to be put down. So we cancelled our plans, finished the errands, and headed to Petaluma to be there. It really sucked seeing Jon so upset, I hate feeling so out of control. All I wanted to do was make it better, but honestly, how could I when his dog of 14 years was so old and worn out that the best thing was euthanasia? Nothing can make that feeling go away. It was really difficult to not cry, but I had to do my best to be strong for Jon in his time of need. It just sucks because his grandpa just passed away a few weeks ago, and now this. Kodiak was an awesome dog, though. I have yet to see puppy pictures, but I keep hearing he was super adorable and ridiculously fluffy, since he's a shepherd-retriever mix. Kodi liked to sit on your lap, despite the fact that he was far too large to do so. My first memory of him was a bit over a year and a half ago, and the first thing he did when we met was try to dry-hump me. Twice. I'm sad that he's gone, but he's in a better place now.
Now for some happier stuff.
Jon is now going up to Calgary the first week of July with his dad to sign a lease for a place to live, since my mom and I discovered a couple days ago just how fast places get swept up. We were seeing places available for July 1st that were already rented on June 1st. So going up the third week is definitely not looking like a good idea anymore. My parents can't come up to Calgary with us anymore, so it'll just be Jon's dad helping us with the move. I'm bummed out because I'm very close to my parents, but I understand why they can't come.
I got my new pairs of glasses yesterday, but I had to take one pair back today because one lens was chipped in two places, and both lenses were horribly placed. The other pair is perfect, so I'm just using those for now. AND I CAN FINALLY SEE PROPERLY! It's crazy to see how blurry my uncorrected vision is after wearing my new prescription all the time. And that's how I was seeing all the time, but didn't realize it because my eyes didn't have anything better to compare to.
I need to finish painting my nails before bed, so I'll leave it at that!
No comments:
Post a Comment